Thursday, January 21, 2010

Something's Happening

Going back to naming my posts with song titles like I did on MySpace.

I decided to fill out an application with Radio Shack today. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

On the subject of job applications, I am so fucking sick of them. I have the hardest time coming up with references without sounding redundant. (all of my references are pharmacists I've worked with or for) Besides, how prudently do these employers really scrutinize the words of references? Granted, I am sure none of the people you or I choose as references would ever really say anything negative or unfavorable of you or me. You did think enough about it to choose them as references, right?

It's been about a month and a half since my Grand Exit from the WAG. My only regret is that I didn't have a job lined up. Let me just say that I enjoyed my co-workers (with the exception of a few unmentionables) and I would work with them again. I just could not and would not put up with the unreasonably caustic PHARMACY PUBLIC.

Let it also be known that I like people, in general. However, when people begin to assume that they have a right to anything they want at anytime they want, a problem rears its ugly head. There seems to be an underlying ungratefulness in people. They forget that NO ONE has the natural right to ANYTHING. Many people fail to see that their "rights" are really privileges granted by some authority that, in many cases, is self-appointed.

Just remember what Kennedy said: "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." I think that should have gone without saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment